WHO can benefit from working with a nutritionist?
Everyone can successfully achieve greater health and wellness by:
1) understanding the root cause of their health concerns, and
2) using tools that address their unique nutritional deficiencies to help bring their body back into balance
WHAT does a Holistic Nutritionist do during a consultation? A Holistic Nutritionist assesses your current dietary intake, medications and supplements, your current lifestyle and your symptoms to identify any nutritional deficiencies or imbalances that may be contributing to your health concerns. He/she then suggests specific foods, natural supplements and lifestyle recommendations.
HOW does it work? Food and lifestyle suggestions will help to provide the body with the physical, mental, emotional and psychospiritual support that it needs to naturally heal itself. Nutritional counselling may be helpful for many health issues, including (but not limited to):
- Digestive and Intestinal Health (irritable bowel, gas and bloating, acid reflux, gallstones, constipation, food sensitivities, Candida overgrowth, parasites)
- Women’s Health (fertility, prenatal support, PMS, endometriosis, fibroids, hormonal imbalance, menopause)
- Endocrine Imbalances (thyroid imbalance, weight management, adrenal fatigue, reproductive function and prostate health)
- Liver support (including cleansing protocols), Kidney Function (including kidney stones, bladder infections) and Skin Health
- Chronic Illness (cancer support, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis)
- Heart Health (blood pressure, elevated blood fats, atherosclerosis and heart disease, anemia)
- Emotional and Mental Health (depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress, ADD/ADHD, Parkinson’s and Alzheimers)
- Immune Support (cold & flu prevention, infections, allergies, asthma, autoimmune conditions)
You will want to find a nutritionist that will work alongside you to create a CUSTOMIZED wellness plan that addresses your health and wellness goals by incorporating specific nutritional as well as lifestyle suggestions and protocols.
WHY work with a nutritionist? We are fortunate today to have access to a wide variety of alternative health care practitioners and modalities today! You will often want to see more than one type of practitioner to ensure you are advocating for your best health possible.
A consultation with a Holistic Nutritionist will give YOU the power to take your health into your own hands. He/she can help you assess your imbalances, provide information and tools to address those imbalances, and give you the support you need, but it is ultimately YOU who creates your health! This means that you don’t need to visit your nutritionist every week to see results. It feels amazing to be in charge of your own health rather than being reliant on someone else, and it saves you time and money too!
WHEN should I see a nutritionist? Why wait? The life of vitality and vigour that you imagine for yourself, that is your birthright, is within your reach!
As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Certified Professional Cancer Coach, Yoga/Fitness Instructor and Certified Personal Trainer, I am able to offer private nutritional consultations to support individual wellness goals; educational seminars and more... food preparation demonstrations and classes; grocery store tours and pantry cleanses; as well as group and private yoga classes (including prenatal yoga). I am a member of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition Alumni as well as a member of the National Association of Professional Cancer Coaches. Contact Lynn today for your first appointment to wellness! Click HERE to send her an email.