Lets review some supplements:
CoQ10 - is an antioxidant found in foods in small amounts, and which the body produces on its own. Found in all cells but in highest amount in heart, liver, muscles, immune system cells. Gives the cell energy and improves oxygen uptake on a cellular level, Cancer doesn't thrive in a well oxygenated body. Prevents shrinking of the thymus gland and decreased or eliminated cancer tumours in a small group of patients when 390 mg. was used daily along with antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
Maitake (Grifolia Frondosa)• Compounds in Maitake mushrooms called Beta-glucans are able to shrink tumours and have a beneficial effect on the immune system by increasing macrophage activity and the healing of breast and prostate cancer
• It also inhibits the formation of metastases
• Maitake lessens the side effects of chemotherapy, helping to decrease nausea, keep the white blood cells actively working, and in reducing pain
• MGN-3 is an extract of the outer shell of rice bran combined with extracts from the following three mushrooms: Shiitake, Kawaratake and Suehirotake. This combination possesses anti-cancer properties that improves the ability of the T-killer cells to destroy cancer cells by increasing the number of explosive granules in the T-killer cells
• MGN-3 increases the body’s levels of interferon and tumour necrosis factors, both of which help destroy cancer cells
• In one study involving 24 cancer patients who took the product for two months, the T-killers cells became 27 times more effective at killing cancer cells after the two months than they had been prior to treatment
• Used with chemotherapy, MGN-3 lessens toxic side effects of the chemo and fortifies the white blood cells
Indole-3-Carbinol (a plant compound from cruciferous vegetables)
• Indole-3-carbinol converts the stronger form of extrogen (estradiol) into a weaker form (2-hydroxy-estrone)
• When I-3-C was given to 25 women for two months the levels of C16-hydroxyestrone (bad estrogen) dropped
• I-3-C inhibits human breast cancer cells from growing by as much as 90%
• I-3-C interrupts the cell cycle in cancer cells. In one study I-3-C inhibited the growth of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells by 90% compared to tamoxifen’s 60% by stopping the cell cycle
• In estrogen receptor-negative cells I-3-C stopped the synthesis of DNA for new cells by about 50% whereas tamoxifen had no significant effect
• Chemically – induced breast cancers have been inhibited by both I-3-C and DIM in animals studies, with I-3-C being slightly more effective
Grape Seed Extract
• Fifty times more effective than vitamin E and twenty times stronger than vitamin C in neutralizing free radicals
• Help to slow down the rate of DNA mutation when cells are exposed to carcinogens
• Maintains the integrity of the arterial walls and circulation
• Slows down the aging process
• Not found in foods
Milk Thistle is best known for its protective effects of chemical toxicity. It has a restorative influence that can speed up regeneration of new liver cells.
Theanine - This amino acid found also in green tea appears to reduce the toxic side effects of various chemotherapy drugs. Simply drinking green tea is not enough unfortunately, we need a concentrated amount that is found in green tea extracts.
• Helps the liver to detox for melatonin to work effectively
• Makes toxic chemicals and carcinogens less harmful
• Fewer side effects from chemotherapy and radiation when taken but may make the chemo less effective
Found in, black beans, adzuki beans, chick peas, lentils, split peas, sried spirulina, nori, kelp, almonds, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, fish
Lynn has been working in the wellness Industry for more than 18 years and has a magical way of inspiring others to embrace healthy, balanced lifestyles and relish in living their best life! Making even just one of the shifts she suggests can: reduce stress, take pounds off, reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, add quality years and vitality to your life. Lynn searches for alternative, holistic and natural methods in taking care of one's health and wellness... knowledge is a powerful tool. Being informed about your disease , treatment options and expectations will empower you to take control of the process. This can affect your recovery and personal experience in a positive way.